Friday, April 6, 2012

Keep it Simple Stupid ;)

Growing up in a Greek home, I found myself always eating. Our holidays and family gatherings were based solely on food. I would get so excited to eat as if Thanksgiving were everyday. Kinda sickening if you ask me. 
But now that I've been on the protocol of the Bouari Clinic, I feel a lot better, less hungry and more energetic. My body turned a complete 180 from almost 20 days ago. 
So I'm sure you all are wondering what I'm possibly eating on this new lifestyle change of mine?!
Easy. Healthy and nutritious food that actually benefits you, not work against you. "Simple foods".




Fruits
 I can have up to 3 fresh fruits a day. I'm starting to go organic. Especially at Whole Foods, the fruits are cheaper than my local grocery store, and the quality is a hell of a lot better. So far in the process I've been eating too many apples than I can count, especially granny smith, my favorite. I also have been eating cantaloupe, mangoes, raspberries and strawberries. I want to occasionally switch it up with peaches, pears and plums next week.  I usually eat fruits for breakfast or during my snack periods, between breakfast and lunch and/or lunch and dinner. They fill me up and they help me battle my sweet tooth.



Vegetables
I'm pretty picky when it comes to vegetables. I can have up to 2 servings a day, 1 serving at lunch and 1 at dinner. Broccoli and I have been best of friends because I'm obsessed with it. Throughout the process so far I've had red peppers, grilled onions, asparagus and romaine leaf lettuce all to compliment the protein of my meal. There's many other vegetable options you can eat, practically all vegetables... but since I'm picky, these are the only ones I'll eat.

Protein
 As far as proteins go, it's very limited. On this particular protocol I can only have chicken, buffalo, filet, tenderloin, top sirloin and all white fish. For me, this means chicken, crab, flounder, tilapia, shrimp, scallops and lobster. That's it! Occasionally you can switch it up by eating eggs, preferably organic eggs, organic Greek yogurt (Oikos brand) and my favorite, edamame! Depending on the day and what I feel like eating, I usually have 3-4 servings of protein throughout the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment