Thursday, April 5, 2012

Healthy Shrimp Fajitas

Hi all! First and foremost I want to say that I am so thankful and appreciative to see how many hits were on my first post. 60 hits in a little over 24 hours! That's amazing if I say so myself. I also want to thank those of you who have been supporting me in the process. It means a lot.  :)
Just like I said in my first post, I am going to be posting recipes that I actually have made and can eat as a part of my protocol. They are healthy and jammed packed with flavor. Enjoy!

 
Shrimp Fajitas


(Picture I took as I was cooking. My family wanted both chicken and shrimp in their fajitas.)

Ingredients: 
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 3-4 tsp. olive oil
  • Sea Salt & Black Pepper
  • Dash of Red Pepper Flakes for heat (optional)
  • 2 tsp. Mrs. Dash Chili Lime Seasoning (optional)
  • 2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1 lb. cleaned shrimp                    
  Directions: 
         Wash and clean out pepper. Cut both pepper and onion into thin slices. On a big skillet on medium-high, saute both pepper and onion in with your olive oil. Dice up your garlic cloves and add it to the skillet. Add your sea salt and black pepper. Mix in for about 15 minutes or until the onions and peppers start to caramelize. Add the rest of your desired seasonings and shrimp in the skillet. Mix in for another 5-10 minutes.   Toss well and serve on tortillas or as is.  Enjoy! :)                                                      

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Please share more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your recipes! I'm assuming tortillas are a no-go on the Boauri list?

    ReplyDelete