Monday, April 16, 2012

Flavorful Baked Beef Tenderloin with Sauteed Asparagus

Hi guys! I know time has passed since my last post and  I'm still going strong with my weight loss! I won't reveal what I have lost until Thursday which is my next weigh in.
Now, something most of you guys have all been waiting for- a new recipe!
I was told to eat more red meat, (which I'm really not a huge fan of), to help me increase my weight loss. Let's also keep in mind that I have never in my life cooked this kind of meat by myself before. I was up for the challenge!  I quickly made it and I was not only surprised but impressed with my cooking skills! (Not to toot my own horn or anything) :)


Flavorful Baked Beef Tenderloin



Ingredients:
Beef tenderloin
soy sauce
red pepper flakes
sea salt
pepper
garlic powder
extra virgin olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves
asparagus

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Take your beef tenderloin and poke holes for absorption of seasonings with a fork on both sides of meat. Pour as much or as little soy sauce on one side. Season with the rest of the herbs and spices on both sides of the meat. (I used the ones listed above.) Put in a shallow pan and put in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Time will all depend on how many pieces of meat you have. I personally had two pieces to bake.
 
For the asparagus, chop up 2-3 garlic cloves. In a pan, on medium-high heat,warm 2-3 tsp. of olive oil. Then put cleaned asparagus and the cloves in. Sautee until the asparagus is a little brown and somewhat flimsy, unless you like crunchy asparagus.
 
Voila! All done! A healthy and flavorful meal in less than 25 minutes! Take THAT Rachael Ray!

No comments:

Post a Comment